Tea tree oil, also called melaleuca oil, is the extract from the leaves of the tea tree plant, which is native in Australia. It has good effect in Anti-inflammatory, pore refining, curing common cold, cough, burning, coryza, asthma, remitting dysmenorrhea, closing wounds, refreshing the brain, etc. Such oil is also can be added into soap, face cream, body lotion, deodorant, disinfector, air freshener, etc. in daily use.
So how could we get the tea tree essential oil? As to extracting such essential oil, it can hardly do without the help of Essential Oil Distiller, which is the special equipment for essential oil extraction from various plants. Previously we have done a test for domestic customer, who has large tea tree farm in Guangdong province, China. His tea tree is brought in from Australia, thus it has good original nature. Below is the test detail for your reference.
Raw material is up water, no touching with each other
1. Cooling by tap-water
2. Inlet tap-water temperature：room temperature
3. Outlet tap-water temperature：35-40℃
1. Total test time is around 3 hours and forty minutes; Extraction time is 3 hours (extraction time starts from mixture of steam and oil vapors’ appearing)
2. Heating at 13:10; Oil forms at around 13:50, Little oil forms after 16:00
1. Tea tree branches lower the extraction rate.
2. Our separator 1.2cm length equals to 1 ml oil, so end oil is 6.3cm/1.2=5.25 ml
3. We learned that density of tea tree oil is around 0.95 g/ml, so test extraction rate is 6.3/1.2*0.95/815=0.61%
Generally we can get around 1kg tea tree oil from 100kg tea tree leaves and tender shoots (notice: not only tea tree leaves), namely that the oil yield is around 1%, while our test oil yield is just 0.61%. What happened to that? Is our machine not suitable for such extraction? NO! NO! NO! As the test is done in May, the beginning of summertime in China, tea tree is still under gathering its oil, so it is impossible to get oil yield close to or more than 1%. When it comes to late autumn and winter--the best season for oil production, the trees will have luxuriant oil inside. After test, the customer had taken some raw material to testing organization for testing oil content. It showed that his raw material had around 0.64% oil in May. That directly proofs our machine’s efficiency in such oil extraction by more than 95% oil extraction rate.